“Beloved: since God loved us so much: we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; If we love one another: God lives in us, and his love is perfected in us.”
- I John 4:11-12
WHAT IS STEPHEN MINISTRY
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of individuals who are ...
- terminally ill;
- in a job crisis;
- new members of the church or community;
- recently divorced;
- in a crisis with a family member;
- in a spiritual crisis
- looking for trained, caring Christian friend, called a Stephen Minister
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT STEPHEN MINISTRY AND HOW IT WORKS?
Watch these PBS interviews which were aired in April, 2010 from Religion & Ethics Newsweekly.
If the video above does not play correctly, please visit the PBS web site
A STEPHEN MINISTRY IS ...
- a child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting;
- a caring Christian visitor who really listens;
- a lay person who has received at least 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctly Christian care
A STEPHEN MINISTER IS NOT ...
- a counselor or therapist;
- a problem-solver;
- a casual friend or visitor